These Chocolate-y Vegan Brownies are beyond addictive! They are chewy, fudgy, rich in chocolate and so easy to make!
Yield : 16 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 35 mins
Total Time : 45 mins
- 1 cup (188g) chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup (133.75g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 flax eggs - Learn how to make a flax egg OR Two Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer*
- 3/4 cup (158g) brown sugar (I use raw brown sugar, cane sugar or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup (100g) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (unmelted)
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for a minute, stirring after to see if chips have melted. If not, microwave in increments of 30 seconds until completely melted. Alternatively, you can melt in over a small pot of boiling water (Not a lot of water in the pot) and put the chocolate chips it in a heat proof and melt proof bowl over the pot and stir until melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt and baking soda until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the flax eggs, sugar and oil and mix until combined for about 2 minutes. Add the water and the vanilla extract. Add to the dry mixture to the wet mixture and melted chocolate chips and stir for about 3 minutes until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into a greased, parchment lined, or a greased foil-lined 8x8 square pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://jessicainthekitchen.com