An easy no bake recipe for gluten free energy bites made with oats, nut butter and chia seeds.
Yield : 15 servings
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 2 mins
Total Time : 7 mins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used a mixture of peanut and cashew)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- To decorate: 20g dark chocolate
- Mix the oats, nut butter, honey, coconut, chia seeds and vanilla extract together in a bowl until fully combined.
- Roll the mixture into equal size bites. I made 15 bites from my mixture but you can make more or less depending on what size you want them to be. Place the bites in the fridge to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler (just be sure not to burn it!). Drizzle the chocolate onto the bites and return them to the fridge for another couple of minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.myfussyeater.com