This low carb cajun stir fry dinner is full of flavorful ingredients like chicken, shrimp and sausage. You can make this one pan dinner in under 30 minutes and there is just 5.1g net carbs per serving!
Yield : 4 servings
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 25 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 b oz chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into pieces
- 1 cup okra, chopped (thaw if frozen)
- 1 cup peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces Never Any Mild Italian Chicken Sausage**
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounces shrimp, raw and peeled
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil and in the cut up chicken thighs. As they start to brown, add in the okra, peppers, tomatoes, broth and sausages.
- In a small bowl, mix the broth with the garlic and cajun seasonings and then pour that into the skillet. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is done.
- Add in the shrimp and saute for about 5 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve as is or over cauliflower rice. If not watching carbs, serve over rice.
- **I used Never Any Italian chicken sausage from Aldi because they had 1 net carb per link and there were 4 links per package. You can use other flavorful sausages but read the labels carefully as some have a lot of carbs. If you want to use kielbasa, use less.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://mylifecookbook.com