Here’s one way to celebrate summer’s greatest pastime. Fire up the grill for this Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken! Larger-than-life chicken breasts, one heck of a glaze, and some extra special flavors to wow your guests.
Yield : 4 servings
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 35 mins
Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze:
- ⅓ cup Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (the plumper the better!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 2 pineapple rings, sliced in half to create half moon shapes
- 4 slices provolone cheese, sliced in half
- Make the pineapple teriyaki glaze: Whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture has a syrupy texture.
- Grill the chicken: Heat the grill. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and let the it rest for a few minutes.
- Stuff the chicken: Cut a slit on the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket for stuffing. Stuff each chicken breast with 1 slice of deli ham, half of a pineapple ring, and 1 slice (2 halves) of provolone cheese.
- Back to the grill: Place each stuffed chicken breast back on the grill. Brush the glaze over each chicken breast, flipping after a couple minutes and brushing more glaze on the other side. The chicken is done once the cheese is melted and the outer edges of the pineapple are slightly caramelized. Reserve the leftover glaze to use when serving.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.destinationdelish.com