These homemade Gluten Free Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies have sweet chocolate chips and chewy, salted caramel in every bite!
Yield : 36 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
- 2 Cups gluten free all purpose flour * see notes
- 3/4 Cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 Cups unsalted butter * softened
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup Kraft caramel squares * diced small (chip size)
- kosher salt * or flake salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer. Cream together on medium speed until completely smooth. Lower the speed and add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and salted caramel pieces.
- Drop by the tablespoon full about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet (I use a Silpat Mat to prevent sticking)
- Bake 9-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the salt.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to prevent breakage
Recipe adapted from : @ https://deliciouslittlebites.com