Broccoli cheese soup is my ultimate comfort food. When it's cold and snowy outside, nothing hits the spot like a warm creamy homemade soup in the crockpot.
Yield : 10 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 240 mins
Total Time : 250 mins
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 4 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 12oz can 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 8oz block sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Place the broccoli, carrots, onion, and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Top with the cream cheese, Italian seasoning and chicken broth. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Cover and set the temperature on high & cook for 2 hours or low for for 4-6 hours.
- Uncover and stir in the evaporated milk. Blend soup with an immersion blender or food processor, use caution as the soup will be very hot. Puree about 2/3 of soup, leaving a few chunks of broccoli.
- Stir the salt, pepper, and grated cheese. Re-cover and cook on high until the cheese is fully melted and the soup is hot, about 5-10 additional minutes.
- Serve warm and top with additional cheddar cheese if desired.
Recipe adapted from :