This chile con queso chicken casserole is a one-dish meal perfect for busy week nights. It’s an easy chicken dinner that’s loaded with Tex Mex flavors and cheese.
Yield : 4 servings
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 45 mins
Total Time : 60 mins
- vegetable oil
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast, halved
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar of salsa con queso
- 1 can of green chilies
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a medium size baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toss the chicken in the taco seasoning and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly browned on each side.
- In a large bowl, combine the queso, chilies, cheese, and half-and-half until well blended.
- Pour a small amount of the queso mixture into the bottom of the baking dish, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Layer with the chicken. Then pour the rest of the queso mixture of the top of the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until the juice from the chicken is clear.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes, and green onions. I had some crumbled bacon, so I tossed that on top of the chicken, too.
- We like to serve this chicken casserole over white rice. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://writtenreality.com