This Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake is a show-stopping strawberry dessert! Made with crushed shortbread cookies, strawberry shortcake ice cream, and homemade strawberry sauce, it’s a no bake dessert everyone will love!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.thereciperebel.com
Course : Dessert
Cuisine : American
Keyword : ice cream cake, strawberry dessert
Author : Ashley Fehr
Yіeld : 10 servings
Prep Tіme : 20 mіns
Cook Tіme : 10 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 30 mіns
- Strawberry Sauce
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (about 520g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Ice Cream Cake
- 2 litres Chapman's Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- 3 cups crushed vanilla cookies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Strawberry Sauce:
- In a medium pan, add the strawberries, sugar and water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring often, and cook until berries are softened.
- Puree in the pan with an immersion blender (or mash with a potato mashed for a chunkier texture).
- Whisk together cream and corn starch. Stir into strawberry sauce to thicken slightly.
- Pour into a medium bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature (this can be done the day before, or use the fridge or freezer to speed up the process).
- Ice Cream Cake
- Remove ice cream from the freezer to soften for 30-45 minutes before assembly.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 or 10" Springform pan (I used a 9") by opening the sides and clamping the paper in the bottom. This is optional but allows for easy removal.
- Place half of the cookie mixture in the bottom of the pan and press into place.
- Top with half of the ice cream, and cover with a thin layer of strawberry sauce.
- Repeat layers one more time to fill the pan: crumbs (press down gently), ice cream (use the remaining), and drizzle strawberry sauce on top. The pan will be full, that is fine.
- Place on a flat shelf in the freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight, until completely frozen.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, garnishing with whipped cream and fresh strawberries if desired.