Strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal - Strawberry baked oats with a cheesecake swirl. A great breakfast for feeding a crowd or make ahead for the week.
Yіeld : 9 servings
Prep Tіme : 15 mіns
Cook Tіme : 40 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 55 mіns
For the oats
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil -or your preferred cooking oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk -or your preferred milk alternative
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups sliced strawberries -fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the cheesecake drizzle
- 4 oz. cream cheese -softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the oats. In a large bowl, add the eggs, oil, and granulated sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the milk, applesauce, 2 teaspoons vanilla, the cinnamon, and the salt. Whisk until well combined. Add the oats, strawberries, and baking powder. Stir until the oats are well coated in the liquid.
- Pour the oats into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Prepare the Cheesecake Drizzle. In a small bowl add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk until well combined. This should be thin enough to slowly pour. If it’s too thick, add more milk, or microwave for a few seconds.
- Drizzle the cream cheese mixture back and forth (in a zig zag motion) on top of the oats. Turn the baking dish 90 degrees. Drag a butter knife back and forth (in a zig zag motion) through the oats and cream cheese making a swirl design.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.thewholesomedish.com