Everyone raves about these soft gingerbread cookies! Even people who don't love molasses cookies or gingersnaps ask for this easy gingerbread cookie recipe!
Yіeld : 24 servings
Prep Tіme : 25 mіns
Cook Tіme : 20 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 45 mіns
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- First, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Next, add egg and molasses and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger, stirring to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Form or scoop balls of dough that are slightly smaller than a golf ball. Place them on a baking sheet approximately 2” to 3” apart to allow room for cookies to spread.
- Finally, bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking for approximately ten minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.lovefromtheoven.com