Snickers rice krispie treats are traditional marshmallow rice krispie treats made even better. Topped with salty peanuts, gooey caramel and a rich layer of chocolate. They're perfectly sweet, salty and so delicious!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://lmld.org
Yіeld : 18 servings
Prep Tіme : 8 mіns
Cook Tіme : 8 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 16 mіns
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 16 oz 1 1/2 11oz bags caramels ( unwrapped)
- 3 TBS heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Melt your butter or margarine over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in marshmallows, and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in your rice krispie cereal and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour cereal into a 9x13 in pan and press down evenly. (Don't squish too much!)
- Sprinkle peanuts evenly over the top of the rice krispie treats.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine caramels and heavy cream over medium heat.
- Stir until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Pour caramel evenly over the top of rice krispie treats.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments (for about 90 seconds total), stirring after each until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly.
- Let chocolate set completely and cut.