No more store-bought chicken! Nope, you can make this in the crockpot with only 15 min prep. So tender, moist and juicy!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://damndelicious.net
Yіeld : 6 servings
Prep Tіme : 15 mіns
Cook Tіme : 255 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 270 mіns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (4-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 large carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 small onion
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, brown sugar, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Season chicken and chicken cavity with paprika mixture. Stuff cavity with lemon, thyme and rosemary.
- Place carrots, celery and onion into a 4-qt slow cooker. Place chicken, breast side up, on top of the vegetables; tie drumsticks together with kitchen twine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from the slow cooker; let rest 10-15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken onto a baking sheet and broil until crisp and crusted, about 4-5 minutes.