This Slow Cooker Pulled Barbecue Chicken is a true kitchen workhorse with just 3 simple ingredients and endless possibilities.
Recipe adapted from : @ http://www.thesundayglutton.com
Course : Main Course
Calories : 233 kcal
Yіeld : 8 servings
Prep Tіme : 5 mіns
Cook Tіme : 480 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 485 mіns
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (see notes* for a great recipe!)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Place chicken in slow cooker and pour in barbecue sauce. Give it a quick stir to combine, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 3-4).
- Once finished, remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Meanwhile, if the sauce has thinned out at all, you can put the cornstarch into a small bowl and mix in a tablespoon of the sauce from the slow cooker. This will make a slurry that you can stir into the slow cooker. Cook on high for about 30 minutes while you shred chicken. This will thicken the sauce back up.
- Once sauce has thickened, stir in shredded chicken and serve!