Slow cooker pineapple pulled pork recipe that can be served in tacos or on a bun for a burger. As a bonus, it is served with a delicious, homemade pineapple BBQ sauce!
Yield : 8 servings
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 360 mins
Total Time : 375 mins
- 2.5 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 28 oz. canned pineapple chunks with juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce , gluten free
- 2 Tbsp. apricot preserves
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup reserved pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbsp. apricot preserves
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 16 corn tortillas
- Cilantro optional
- 8 oz. goat cheese optional
- Green onions optional
- Place pork tenderloins n a large crockpot.
- Combine pineapple juice from can, soy sauce, preserves, garlic powder and pepper in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over pork tenderloins and add all but ¾ cup pineapple chunks. You will reserve these pineapples for the pineapple sauce.
- Set slow cooker to Low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes shred pork and let cook for the remaining time.
- For the Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- If you like your BBQ sauce hot, heat it up in a small saucepan before serving.
- Drain excess liquid from the shredded pork in the slow cooker.
- Serve pork in corn tortillas with cilantro, goat cheese, green onions and pineapple sauce.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.evolvingtable.com