Samoa Bundt Cake is made from a super tender and moist chocolate cake topped with caramel frosting and lots of shredded coconut.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://spicysouthernkitchen.com
Yіeld : 16 servings
Prep Tіme : 20 mіns
Cook Tіme : 55 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 75 mіns
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
- Caramel Frosting
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup jarred caramel sauce
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Caramel Sauce
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour and bundt pan (or use baking spray).
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl (heat at 20 second intervals) until smooth when stirred. Set Aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until blended well, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in melted chocolate just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to batter, alternating with sour cream, beating at LOW speed just until blended after each addition.
- Slowly, with mixer on LOW speed, add hot water.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan then remove cake from pan to cool completely.
- To make frosting, beat butter and caramel sauce until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in enough heavy cream to get to desired consistency.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on cake and drizzle with caramel sauce and hot fudge sauce.