A really great pound cake should have an even crumb with a melt-in-your-mouth texture and buttery, vanilla flavor. This is a really great pound cake!
Keywords : cake recipes,bologna cake recipe,icream cake recipes,zuchinni cake recipes,delicious cake recipes,angelfood cake recipes,coffe cake recipes,birthday cake recipes,coconut cake recipes,pumpkin cake recipes,blueberry cake recipes,carmal cake recipes,bundt cake recipes,banana cake recipes,anglefood cake recipes,fruitcocktail cake recipes,sugarless cake recipes,carret cake recipes,vegan cake recipes,sockittome cake recipes
Recіpe аdаpted from : @ http://www.baking-sense.com
Yіeld : 12 servings
Prep Tіme : 15 mіns
Cook Tіme : 55 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 70 mіns
- 4 large eggs plus 3 yolks (9 oz, 255 g) room temp (112%) See Note #1
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (2 oz, 60 ml) whole milk , divided
- 1 ¾ cups (8 oz, 225 g) cake flour (100%)
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz, 285 g) granulated sugar (125%)
- 2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons (9 oz, 255g) unsalted butter, room temp (112%)
- Preheat the oven to at 350°F. Butter and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan or 12 cup bundt pan.
- Combine the eggs, vanilla and half the milk in a small bowl, whisk to combine and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar to the flour and mix at low speed for 30 seconds. Add the butter to the flour and mix until combined. Add the other ½ of the milk and increase the speed to medium high. Mix for a full 2-3 minutes. The batter will lighten in color and texture. If your using a hand mixer add another minute or two to the mixing time.
- Scrape the bowl and paddle thoroughly. On low speed, add the egg mixture in 3 increments, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth to an even layer.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (about 55 minutes).