15-minute pineapple chicken salad served on croissants or in a lettuce wrap. This recipe is a delicious and fun twist on typical chicken salad!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com
Course : Dinner, lunch
Cuisine : American
Keyword : Pineapple Chicken Salad
Calories : 442 kcal
Author : Chelsea
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 15 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 25 mіns
- 2 cups prepared rotisserie chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup canned (in juice not syrup) crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained/dried
- 1/3 cup honey roasted almonds (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery (~2 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup full fat (good quality) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (fat free or light is great!)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Serve with Croissants or other Sandwich bread/rolls (add some lettuce for a sandwich)
- In a large bowl, add in the chopped rotisserie chicken, thoroughly drained crushed pineapple, honey roasted almonds, sliced celery, and red onion. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, honey, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and a generous (or to taste) sprinkle of salt + pepper. I add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, add to taste. Pour dressing over salad.
- Gently stir all of the ingredients together until combined. Taste and adjust for seasonings (salt, pepper, additional lemon, etc.)
- Layer the pineapple chicken salad on a croissant/sandwich bread and add some lettuce. Enjoy immediately.