Mediterranean roasted artichoke recipe with capers and roasted garlic-dill vinaigrette. Perfectly tender. Flavor-packed. I dare say, this may become your favorite way to enjoy roasted artichoke!
Recіpe аdаpted from : @ https://www.themediterraneandish.com
Author : The Mediterranean Dish
Yіeld : 10 servings
Prep Tіme : 20 mіns
Cook Tіme : 40 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 60 mіns
- 3 large globe artichokes
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- Crumbled feta cheese to taste
- For the Roasted Garlic-Dill Vinaigrette
- Same 6 garlic cloves roasted earlier with the artichoke (see above ingredients)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To clean artichokes, first, cut off the stem/stalk. Peel off the tough outer layers by hand. When you reach the softer layers, use a serated knife to cut off about 3/4 inches from the top. Now, cut artichoke in half length-wise. Then, using a sharp pairing knife, remove all the “hairs” on the inside.
- As you clean the inside of each artichoke half, immediately add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to cover the surface to prevent the artichoke from discoloring.
- On a large baking sheet, place each artichoke half in a piece of lightly-oiled foil paper that is large enough to fold around.
- Season artichokes with salt and pepper, and nestle 1 garlic clove in the center of each artichoke half. Drizzle generously with quality olive oil (it’s okay if some of the olive oil pools in the center or overflows onto the foil). Close the foil around artichokes.
- Roast in the 400 degrees F heated-oven for 40 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil pouches using tongs. Remove the roasted garlic from the center of artichoke, and close the foils back until ready to serve. Let garlic cool.
- In the bowl of a small food processor, add the roasted garlic with the remaining vinaigrette ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove the artichokes from foil. Arrange on a serving platter, generously drizzle the roasted garlic-dill vinaigrette. Top with shallots, capers and crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy!