This Low Carb Cabbage Chicken Taco Soup is light, healthy and perfect if you are on a weight loss journey. Just add Corn, Kidney beans and top it with nachos to upgrade it.
Keywords : low carb for weightloss,keto chicken recipes,low carb breakfast,low carb cheesecake,low carb cupcakes,low carb cheese,low carb deserts,low carb hashbrowns,low carb zoodles,low carb cinnamon,low carb eating,low carb snickerdoodles,low carb waffle,low carb appetizer,low carb cheeseburger,low carb yummies,low carb menu,low carb meatballs,low carb soups,low carb weightloss,low carb broccoli,low carb fruit
Recіpe аdаpted from : @ https://thatlowcarblife.com
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 15 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 25 mіns
- 300 grams boneless skinless chicken breast Cut in to small chunks
- 1/4 cup celery Chopped
- 2 cups (heaping) cabbage Shredded
- 1 Medium red bell pepper Chopped
- 1 cup plum tomato Blanched and chopped / Canned
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle chilli powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 Medium onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 cups chicken stock or Water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander leave for garnishing
- Lemon Wedges
- Heat oil in a pot. Add minced garlic. Saute till it starts to brown.
- Add chopped onion. Fry till it is soft and translucent.
- Add chopped celery, followed by chicken chunks. Fry for one minute.
- Add shredded cabbage. Cook for 2 minutes. The cabbage will start to soften.
- Add chopped red bell pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add Tomatoes. Mix everything well.
- Add all the spices. Mix everything well. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add Stock. Adjust seasoning. Bring the soup to a boil(cover the pan with a lid if desired)
- Switch off the flame. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, lemon wedges and top it with cheese while serving.