When you give up sugar but still want a little candy, my Keto Chocolate Toffee Crunch hits the spot.
Yield : 25 servings
Prep Time : 3 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 23 mins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans raw and chopped
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener classic
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 oz Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt flaked (optional)
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat. While the butter is melting chop the pecans into a small chop and set aside. Add the sweetener to the melted butter and bring to a boil. As soon as you hit a boil turn it down to a slow simmer. Stir the chopped pecans into the melting butter and sweetener mixture.
- Let the pecans and butter mixture simmer for up to 5-7 minutes. Once the butter starts to thicken and is turning to an amber color remove from the flame. Stir in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Line a 9×12 rimmed baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment paper. Pour the pecan and butter mixture onto your parchment lined dish and spread evenly. Place your pecan and butter mixture into fridge to cool completely for an hour or more.
- Once the toffee has set it’s time to melt the chocolate. Pour 6oz (about ⅔ of a 9oz package) of Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Using a spoon toss the chocolate chips in the oil to fully coat. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between to smooth the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is fully melted pour evenly over the cooled pecan toffee. You can drag a fork lightly over the chocolate for a beautiful finish…or just spread it over with a spoon. Place baking sheet back in the fridge for about an hour.
- Once the toffee and chocolate is fully chilled and set carefully peel off the parchment paper and cut into 2”x2” squares (about 25 pieces) or break into shards of mismatched bark.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://thekelliekitchen.com