This rich and hearty Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is comfort food at its best. It's loaded with potatoes, sausage, onion, garlic, kale and a splash of cream. It is truly satisfying and irresistible.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.deliciousmeetshealthy.com
Yіeld : 6 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 10 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 20 mіns
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mild or spicy Italian ground sausage, *
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups peeled and chopped potatoes, **
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream for Paleo), ***
- 2 cup chopped kale
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Press the 'Saute' button, and add the olive oil. When the pot is hot, add the ground sausage and brown it until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for another 3 minutes. Add potatoes, vegetable stock, and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything.
- Lock the lid and turn the valve to 'Sealing'. Press the 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook' button and adjust for 10 minutes, pressure set to 'High'. When the cook time is over, turn off the Instant Pot by pressing the 'Turn Off' button. Carefully quick release the pressure with a wooden spatula by turning the valve to releasing. Make sure you don’t hurt your hands from the steam.
- Once the steam is completely gone and the metal pin on the lid drops, carefully open the lid and add heavy cream and the chopped kale to the pot. Stir everything, and serve warm.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add onion to pot and let cook until soft, 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Add vegetable stock and potatoes and cook over medium heat, until potatoes are tender, 23 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in kale and let cook until leaves are tender and bright green, 1-2 minutes, then stir in heavy cream and simmer 2 minutes more.
- Season with pepper, and serve.