Use the instant pot to help your bread rise in just a few hours, no kneading required! This Instant Pot Raisin Bread is an old family recipe that I tweaked to be able to make in a fraction of the time.
Recіpe аdаpted from : @ https://karalydon.com
Yіeld : 1 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 45 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 60 mіns
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (plus extra tablespoon for brushing)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces raisins
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, heat milk on stovetop over medium heat until scalding. Remove top layer of film using a spoon. Add butter to saucepan until melted and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Fill a glass with 1/8 cup warm water. Add yeast and a 1/8 teaspoon of sugar. Stir to combine and let sit. Over 5 minutes, you should see bubbles begin to form and yeast begin to rise in the glass.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, raisins, and salt. Stir in cooled milk + butter mixture and yeast mixture.
- Use your (clean) hands to mix dough together once you can no longer stir to combine. If dough seems dry, add a little more milk. Once dough seems soft and elastic, stop.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in Instant Pot on top of the trivet. Close lid and set to yogurt function for 3 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place dutch oven in oven while it heats up.
- Remove bowl from Instant Pot and turn dough out onto floured surface and shape into a round loaf. Brush with melted butter.
- Place dough on top of a piece of parchment paper in the dutch oven. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.