This Instant Pot Pasta Cajun Chicken Alfredo is packed with flavor, and so easy to make! Cajun seasoned chicken breast and smoked sausage in a homemade alfredo sauce, cooked up in a snap in the Instant Pot.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.number-2-pencil.com
Yіeld : 6 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 7 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 17 mіns
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 pound total
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 14 oz smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 quart of low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 tbsp gourmet Cajun Seasoning
- 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
- flat leaf parsley minced for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Set 6 Qt Instant Pot to Saute function and hit Adjust button until More is lit. This heats Instant Pot to highest heat for searing.
- Sear chicken breast in Instant Pot for several minutes on both sides until evenly browned.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside to be added back in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add sausage and garlic to pot and cook for about one minute.
- Add chicken broth and use wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add uncooked pasta and cajun seasoning.
- Return chicken breasts to Instant Pot and stir all ingredients together.
- Hit off button to end Saute function, then lock lid in place with Pressure valve set to sealing.
- Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 6 minutes. Instant Pot with take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure and then count down from 6 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, use Quick Pressure Release.
- Since we are cooking a pound of pasta, there may be some starches and liquids that start to splatter. If that happens, use wooden spoon or an oven mitt to quickly close pressure valve. Wait one minute and try again.
- Once pressure pin drops, unlock lid and remove chicken breasts. Use a meat thermometer to ensure they have reached 165 F degrees. Set aside to rest.
- Stir pasta mixture together and add warm cream. Slowly add in freshly grated parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Slice chicken breast and combine with pasta.
- Serve with additional shredded parmesan and chopped flat leaf parsley.