Easy and delicious Garlic Herb Chicken and rice made in the Instant Pot in 20 minutes. Healthy family-friendly dinner you can make on any day.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://theflavoursofkitchen.com
Course : Main Course
Cuisine : American
Keyword : Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Calories : 602 kcal
Yіeld : 5 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 15 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 25 mіns
- 1.5 Cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Onion
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1.5 tbsp Mixed Herb (Oregano,Thyme,Parsley)
- 1 tspn Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- To Season Chicken
- 5-6 Chicken Thighs With Bone
- 1 tspn Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tspn Salt
- 1/2 tspn Pepper
- First measure rice. Wash it until the water runs clear. Drain excess water and let it soak.
- Measure Stock/ water required for cooking rice and keep it warm.
- To Chicken, thighs add salt, pepper, chilli powder, lemon juice. Mix well. Keep aside while you are preparing other ingredients.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and put it in Saute Mode.
- When the Instant Pot is pre-heated, add Oil.
- Add seasoned Chicken Thighs to the pot and sear it 2-3 minutes on each side. Once they look light golden brown and crispy, remove and keep aside.
- Add butter to the pot, followed by chopped Onion. Saute until Onion looks soft and translucent.
- Add Chopped garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add herbs, Paprika, Chilli powder. Mix well.
- Drain any extra liquid and add soaked rice.
- Gently stir for 2-3 minutes roast rice. (This step is optional, You can directly skip to the next step.)
- Pour in warm stock or water. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Arrange seared Chicken thighs in a single layer. Add any extra liquid that would have come from Chicken thigh while resting.
- Switch Instant Pot to manual mode. Set the timer for 8 mins. And let the Instant Pot do its job.
- When the timer is off, let the pressure release naturally for 8-10 minutes. Then release pressure using back of a spoon manually.
- Once the pressure is released completely, open the lid and let it rest for another 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon or fork separate rice grain gently.
- While serving sprinkle some parsley and parmesan cheese.