This easy instant pot chicken recipe is loaded with tender chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, kale, carrots and sliced mushrooms. A comforting rustic dish full of Italian flavors that’s great for busy weeknights.
Chicken Cacciatore is a classic Italian dish that is just great for this time of year. We already have this reader favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore recipe on our site and I’ve been dying to share an Instant Pot version with you guys.
Keywords : instant pot recipes,instant pot easy recipes,easy instant pot recipes,instant pots recipes,favorite instant pot recipes,frozen chicken instant pot recipe,whole30 instant pot recipes,instant pot recipes whole30,instant pot recipes skinnytaste,instant pot recipes chilie,instant pot whole30 recipes,instant pot vegetarian recipes,quick instant pot recipes
Recіpe аdаpted from : @ https://www.saltandlavender.com
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 17 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 27 mіns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire roasted crushed tomatoes with juices
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- Leaves from 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Add the olive oil and onion to your Instant Pot. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot and cook for 2 minutes/side.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, red pepper, carrot, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Close the lid and set the valve on "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (it'll take 10-15 minutes for it to get up to pressure).
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. You can then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Season with salt & pepper and stir in the olives, basil, and parsley.