You don’t even have to boil the pasta for this easy Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole! With only 5 simple ingredients, family-friendly weeknight dinners don’t get much better than this!
Yield : 10 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 45 mins
Total Time : 55 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) package fully-cooked miniature (cocktail-size) meatballs (if using frozen meatballs, make sure that they are completely thawed before using)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs (such as basil, oregano, and parsley for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish (about 9 x 13), stir together uncooked pasta, marinara sauce, water, and meatballs. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.theseasonedmom.com