This warm and savory Cowboy Queso dip is loaded with ground beef, your favorite ale, tomatoes, black beans, and fresh cilantro.
Recipe adapted from : @ https://thecozycook.com
Author : STEPHANIE
Course : APPETIZER
Cuisine : AMERICAN, MEXICAN
Keyword : DIP, QUESO
Yіeld : 6 servings
Prep Tіme : 15 mіns
Cook Tіme : 15 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 30 mіns
- 1 14.5 oz. can Rotel Tomatoes partially drained
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale or your favorite kind of beer
- 1 16 oz. block Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- In a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble the ground meat, adding in desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Once it’s nice and brown, drain any excess grease, toss in the crushed red pepper flakes and add the beer. Let the beer reduce for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cheese and let it melt and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese is melted, stir in the beans, red onions, and cilantro. Add the tomatoes and some of the juice from the can, only if you want it to be a little thinner in consistency. If you've already reached your desired level of thickness, don't add any juice.