A creamy filling made with chicken taco flavors is spread over a soft flour tortilla and rolled up to make the most delicious Mexican pinwheels ever!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.thechunkychef.com
Author : THE CHUNKY CHEF
Yіeld : 80 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 15 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 25 mіns
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp (my packages are 8oz, so I used a package and a half)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded chicken **see recipe notes below
- 1.5 Tbsp taco seasoning (choose your favorite)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, very well drained
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3/4 - 1 cup cilantro, chopped finely (adjust to your tastes)
- 8 burrito sized flour tortillas
- fresh minced cilantro, for garnish optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Lay flour tortilla down on work surface and spread about 1/4 cup (amount will vary from person to person) evenly over the tortilla, leaving a 1/2 - 1 inch border all around.
- Start at the bottom of the tortilla (closest to you), and roll up tightly towards the top, like a cigar. Place roll seam side down on prepared pan.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to several hours to chill and firm up.
- Use a sharp, serrated knife to slice roll into 1 inch pinwheels and serve.