Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies - classic holiday cookie that everyone likes! No special ingredients and no chilling the dough required!
Keywords : christmas cookies,cookies,sugar cookies,pumpkin cookies,cookie exchanges,cookie monster pumpkin,cookie scoops,cookies snickerdoodle,cookie frosting,casein cookies,cookie desserts,cookie monster,cookie cake,cookie crazie,cookie ingredients,marange cookies,brookie cookies,fodmap cookies,diwali cookies,molasses cookies,nobake cookies,snookerdoodle cookies,peanutbutter cookie,holiday cookie,sprinkles cookie
Recipe Adapted From : @ https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com
Yield : 12 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total : 20 mins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature, 12 tablespoons
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses I used Grandma's molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds with electric mixer. Add sugar and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses and beat on medium low speed just until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Gradually add to the sugar molasses mixture and beat on low until combined.
- Place 1/4 cup of sugar in a shallow bowl. Scoop cookie dough with a medium size (1 and 1/2 tablespoons) cookie scoop and place directly on the sugar. Roll few times and then form into a ball in your hands. Place on a cookie sheet, leaving about 2" of space between cookies.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes (10 minutes was the magic number for me). Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on the sheet. Transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.