This Cannellini Bean, Carrot, and Kale Soup recipe is hearty and healthy! It's rustic comfort food full of flavorful veggies. Perfect with crusty bread!
Recіpe аdаpted from : @ https://www.therusticfoodie.com
Course : Soup
Cuisine : Italian
Keyword : cannellini beans, cannellini bean soup, cannellini bean carrot soup, cannellini bean kale soup, Italian soup, rustic Italian soup
Author : Christine Rooney
Yіeld : 4 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 30 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 40 mіns
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 Jalapeno - remove seeds if desired
- 4-5 carrots
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 16 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- Mince garlic, onion, and jalapeno. Chop carrots and kale into uniform pieces.
- Heat Dutch oven or heavy bottom soup pan to medium on stove top. Add 1 Tbsp. cooking oil.
- Once heated, add garlic, onions, and jalapeno. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add carrots along with generous pinch salt and pepper. Saute for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup vegetable stock if necessary.
- Add vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, sugar, and pinch salt and pepper. Stir together and cover.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes on medium heat while covered. Check and stir every 10 minutes or so.
- Carrots should be soft at this point.
- Add cannellini beans and kale. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Adjust salt, pepper, and sugar levels.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan if desired.