Layers of roasted potatoes, creamy sausage gravy, and flaky biscuits!
Recipe adapted from : @ https://www.bunsinmyoven.com
COURSE : BREAKFAST
CUISINE : AMERICAN
KEYWORD : BRUNCH RECIPES, CASSEROLE, EASY BREAKFAST RECIPES
CALORIES : 687 KCAL
Yіeld : 6 servings
Prep Tіme : 10 mіns
Cook Tіme : 60 mіns
Totаl Tіme : 70 mіns
- 1 package (20 ounces) Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper divided
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 16 ounces refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add diced potatoes to a 9x13 baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Roast potatoes for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- About 15 minutes before potatoes are done, add the sausage to a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
- When sausage is cooked through, sprinkle with flour and stir well to combine. Cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and remaining salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until gravy has thickened slightly. The gravy should be thinner than a traditional breakfast gravy as it will thicken in the oven.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and stir. Pour the gravy over the top.
- Cut the biscuits into 4 pieces each and arrange evenly over the top of the gravy.
- Return to the oven for 28-30 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cooked through.